Monday, December 12, 2011

My dream house

So the hubby and I were talking, and we have decided that instead of paying for a mortgage for years, were going to build a house...out of old shipping containers. I know, I know. It sounds crazy, but they are actually pretty cool. Basically you only use them for the skeleton of the house (the outside) and then you cut out the insides to make the house...

Trust me I was not on board at first either. he showed me a few pictures of houses that had been built from these shipping containers, and I have to admit, they look pretty cool. You can do whatever you want to them, and its so much cheaper than building a house from scratch. Did I mention that they will withstand just about any kind of storm mother nature can throw at you?

So its been decided...were going to get 4 of these shipping containers and build our dream home...once we find land of course. We've already decided on a layout and I've started picking out some things that I would like to have in my house.

Now we just need to decide where we are going to find land and start saving our money!

No comments:

Post a Comment