Friday, December 16, 2011

Parenting

Ok I don't claim to be the best parent in the world. I admit that I have made many mistakes as a parent, and I know that I will make more along the way.

Some parents amaze me though...

Today I took Trent and Dylan to McDonald's for lunch. We don't sit in the play area while we eat, because a nearly 3 year old WILL NOT eat if there is a slide present...oh and I dont think that kids need to eat in the play place...gross. Anyway, after we were done eating, I let Trent go play. Yes, he took his shoes off, but he had socks on. So there was this little boy that was playing, he had to have just turned two. First, he was playing with a ketchup packet that was not from McD's. Imagine if hed actually got it open...then I saw him paying with a straw! In the play area! That is so dangerous people! Luckily he didnt fall or get pushed down...

Then there was another lady. She had three kids, none of which had a jacket on by the way, but SHE had on a jacket. One of her kids was walking around in short tights and a t-shirt...IT WAS 50 DEGREES OUT! Come on lady! And then they wonder why their kids get sick...

Ok one more...

McD's recently renovated the play area. They added in a stage coach seating area which includes bar type seating. There was a little boy crawling all over the bar! Its not a far drop, but he still could have gotten hurt if he fell...

I think that some parents leave their common sense at home when they leave the house...

And they were probably thinking "Gosh that lady can't even dress her kid right..." (Trent was wearing two different socks, that he picked out and put on himself...HA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment