Friday, December 9, 2011

A tiny dilemma

So as you know, Josh and I have been discussing moving back to San Antonio. I am so torn with this idea…
To move or not to move? I have decided to use this post as a pro and con list for moving and staying…

Pros to moving:
Be closer to family
Be able to have mommy/daddy dates
No 5 hour drive
Have a house on land
Get Charlie (our dog) back once we get a house

Cons:
Have to pack up AGAIN!
Truck rental and other moving expenses
Possibility of not finding a house
Cannot bring back the past…nothing will be the same

So now onto the pros and cons of staying…
Pros:
Be on our own…no one to answer to
Kids will go to a very good school
Love the annual celebrations in Midlothian
Chance to establish ourselves in a new town
New, possibility better opportunities

Cons:
Family is far away
LONG 5 hour drive to San Antonio
May not be able to afford a house
Unless we find a house, Charlie has to stay in SA

So there they are…the pros and cons. Even after writing this I am still torn, but I think I am leaning more toward staying…at least for another year. I think that we (me, Josh, Trent, and Dylan) need to grow as a family together, before we move back to San Antonio. Also, I think that it would be MUCH easier to move with two kids that can walk rather than with an infant…

No comments:

Post a Comment